UXa International eBanking Benchmark Study
The UXalliance has carried out a survey on the security and usability of bank sites accessible on the Web or on mobile devices.
The survey focused on the login and landing pages, and its main purposes were to:
- explore the global scenario as regards security and usability issues
- identify the most successful practices around the world
- indicate the banks that adopted those best practices
UXalliance members from 18 countries took part in the project analyzing 38 banking sites. The study followed 3 steps:
- First of all, the experts identified the areas of their research (authentication process, both on the Web and on mobile; secure landing page, both on the Web and on mobile).
- Then they collectively analyzed the criteria, or else the key factors that affect customers’ satisfaction with online banking sites.
- Finally, they evaluated all the banking sites according to these criteria.
The experts produced a joint report which included:
- general information about global trends in secure banking environment
- an extensive analysis of the different secure landing pages and customers authentication measures adopted by individual banking institutions
- detailed recommendations on best practices and institutions to take inspiration from
18 UXalliance partners